The Route 66 Interpretive Center and Gift Shop
is now open to visitors!
A Film About Route 66 By H. Bruce Dickman
Between January-September 2010, 543 people from around the world visited the Historic Chandler Armory, conveniently located halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
The Interpretive Center is situated in the native sandstone block, 1930’s-era Armory Building on the prominent crossroads of Route 66 and Mickey Clarkson Avenue in Chandler.
After more than a decade of fundraising and hard work by dedicated community volunteers, the grand opening of the Interpretive Center and Gift Shop represents the completion of the first of three planned phases of renovation of this historic building.
This project is made possible in part through the generous support of the City of Chandler and its citizens.